Drakulic Photography LLC.

Drakulic Photography LLC.
Thanks for visiting my blog! Drakulic Photography LLC is a Jeannette, PA based professional photography business available for Weddings, Senior/Family Portraiture, Commercial, and Real Estate Photography. Call or email today to see how Drakulic Photography LLC differentiates from other photographic services.

Friday, September 30, 2016

Turning Back to Spring this Week

Happy Friday all,

Fall is here and the Western PA area is starting to feel like it a little bit. It hasn't been too bad thus far, but you can definitely feel a slight chill in the air and the leaves are beginning their transition. With that, I decided to focus this weeks blog on a few shots I snapped during the late spring and early summer to get our minds off of the upcoming cold weather.

This first image is a late afternoon shot of a farm landscape near Bedford, PA. My son and I were returning from our annual Red Sox baseball trip from a game in Baltimore on Memorial Day and we stopped off quickly to snap a few photos (he was also captivated by the windmills in the distance so he made me stop there too.) I loved the way that the late day sunlight played off of the silos and surrounding fields in both the foreground and background. The shapes created within the farm buildings and telephone wires, along with the rolling curvature of the distant hillsides all brought a nice touch of visual elements to the photo also. Anyone that knows me should also know that I have an affinity for our disappearing farmlands as well.



The next set of photos I took randomly during the spring and summer. I've always enjoyed Alfred Stieglitzs' Equivalents series from the 1920's and 30's, (if you are unaware of his work, check it out!) and figured I'd take a crack at my own "cloudscapes." The main reason I was attracted to these scenes was not because of the form within the clouds, but more of the deep rich colors and tones of the sky. 



As always comments, questions, suggestions, and critiques are welcome! Thanks for reading, have a great weekend!    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment