Drakulic Photography LLC.

Drakulic Photography LLC.
Thanks for visiting my blog! Drakulic Photography LLC is a Jeannette, PA based professional photography business available for Weddings, Senior/Family Portraiture, Commercial, and Real Estate Photography. Call or email today to see how Drakulic Photography LLC differentiates from other photographic services.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Embracing Failure or Creative Blocks and Moving Forward

Hi all!

The title of this weeks blog may seem a little depressing or pessimistic, but it is quite the opposite! Every professional and especially creatives go through a slump or a creative funk, and I'm no different. Hitting one of these slumps can often give you a feeling of failure if things aren't always going the way you want. This can also lead you to question your own confidence.

Now, I'll preface by stating that I don't feel I've "failed" in any particular way, and I'm certainly not aware of any dissatisfied clients, but I have felt that in the last week or 2 I may have hit a lull creatively. Of course I'm always looking to improve upon myself personally, professionally, monetarily, and creatively so I decided to research and read a ton of articles about "creative ruts" as well as "creative blocks" and ways to snap out of them.

I found a great article here: http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2012/07/12/7-ways-to-get-out-of-a-creative-rut/ from psych central.com and gave it a quick read. #6 Celebrate your failures there is a great quote that you can read from author Ray Bradbury who also coincidentally has another great quote I've heard many times, "Living at risk is jumping off the cliff and building your wings on the way down." 1. Create space and 3. Change something small also were helpful in motivating me to take a small step back and make a few minor changes.

Needless to say I decided to step away from the computer & cell phone for a while yesterday. I went to chop firewood for our weekend bonfires and boy did it help clear my head! During this time of contemplation I already came up with a couple new ideas and different ways of shooting that I'm excited to implement on several photographic shoots that are scheduled over the course of the next few weeks. There were many ideas that popped into my head that will hopefully allow me to pursue my ultimate goal of creating unique photography that differs from anyone else's. I'm excited to share some of these plans and also share the final photos with you in the near future.

Until next time, stay positive and always embrace failures...they can lead to growth!

As always comments, questions, suggestions, and critiques are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment